Grate·ful (pronounced: ɡrātfəl/)
feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful.
“I’m very grateful to you for all your help”
synonyms: thankful, appreciative; indebted, obliged, obligated, in someone’s debt, beholden
Have you ever stopped throughout your day and just reminded yourself of all the things you are grateful for? Maybe, you’re like me and you do this often? Maybe, you do this once a week? Either way, I know we can all be grateful for something! Here are a few things I am grateful for:
- FAMILY – My family is wonderful! They have always been so supportive of my dreams and goals. They have been my rock. My stable foundation when it felt like the world was crumbling beneath me. They say it takes a village to raise a child, they have helped me tremendously with mine! If it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be writing this blog right now! I cannot thank them enough for all that they’ve done and continue to do.
- GOD – For blessing me with my wonderful daughter and family, and for also blessing me with this amazing gift I share with the world. For also giving me the strength and courage to continue my journey on this musical path and the obstacles I’ve encountered along the way, they have been lessons learned and made me stronger and wiser. I thank him for the wonderful people and friends I’ve met on this path as well. For taking the wrong people out of my life and putting the right ones in it. And for all of the blessings in disguise!
- TRUE FRIENDS – They say you’re lucky if within a lifetime you can count on one hand all of the people you consider a true friend. Sometimes the people you grow up around will grow apart from you throughout life. Sometimes they will always be a true friend and sometimes you will meet some of the truest of people later on in life. True friends are the ones you can count on NO MATTER WHAT! I know I have friends I don’t talk to on a regular basis, but if I needed anything they would be here for me in a heartbeat. THAT is a true friend! Not someone who hangs around you for what you can do for them, but someone who doesn’t betray you, doesn’t talk bad about you or put you down in front of others or behind your back. Someone that supports your decisions even if they don’t quite agree with them, they still support you if (whatever it is) makes you happy. They’re always right there to help you pick up the pieces if you fall flat on your face. They’re someone who doesn’t judge you! I’m am so thankful to have friends like this. My circle may be small, and grow smaller by the year, but I guarantee I have the best friends a girl could ask for!
- FANS/SUPPORTERS – These are people who believe in me! I love each and every single one! Without them, I would be nothing! From the people who have helped me with photo shoots, to my website, booking shows and the ones who download/listen to my music and share it! A lot of artists forget about the impact they have on their career. These so-called “little people” (as the tell me all the time) are the ones who “make you or break you”! I can’t tell you how much that irritates me!! Don’t ever forget who put you on the top! Cherish each and every one of them!
- FORGIVENESS – This is something I’m very grateful for. No one is perfect, and we all make mistakes. To be forgiven for a mistake doesn’t always come easily. To give forgiveness is one thing, but to be given it back is just as amazing. Life is too short to hold grudges and burn bridges. I learned that at an early age. If you’re holding onto a grudge now, forgive, and let it float away. I promise you will feel so much better when that weight is lifted!
So, that was my blog for the day. There is something we can all be grateful for on a daily basis. Maybe someone gave you a compliment on your outfit or how well of a job you are doing at work? Maybe they simply just held a door open for you? Pay if forward and give someone else something to be grateful for! You never know who is having a bad day.